#Giving Tuesday, now in its 6th year, falls on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. It follows Black Friday and Cyber Monday and it also marks the beginning of the holiday season. The goal of #Giving Tuesday is to kick off and recognize the charitable season when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving. It’s also become a movement that celebrates and supports giving and philanthropy!
With its proximity to Thanksgiving, the team here at Impact 4 Good thought we would acknowledge this year’s #Giving Tuesday to focus on current hunger issues and food insecurity in America. As a provider of corporate CSR activities, we continue to partner with many foodbanks and community food pantries across the US who are on the front lines battling hunger. What better time is there to bring awareness to this issue, as well as share applicable ways to combat hunger!?
Hunger is a real and growing issue in America. In the United States, 1 in 7 people currently struggle with hunger. In fact, 46 million Americans have less than enough food to adequately feed themselves or their families. Too many people must choose between buying food or paying a utility or housing bill, or purchasing needed medicines. Individuals across our country struggle with these difficult and heartbreaking choices every day, which is unacceptable.
How can you help?
- Nearly every community across the U.S. has a food bank, food pantry or organization battling hunger. You can find a local food bank through the Feeding America website at: http://www.feedingamerica.org/find-your-local-foodbank/, and there are many smaller organizations, likely in your very own community, no matter where you live.
- Let Impact 4 Good connect your company with the community this holiday season. We bring the community to you by creating an on-site opportunity to make an immediate difference for those most in need. Our staff provides all of the supplies required for an interactive giving experience that includes:
- On-site professional management and host
- Awareness regarding hunger within the community and the importance of the donation
- Sourcing an ideal beneficiary that will benefit most
- Inviting key representatives that bring home the message of giving
Make the most of your holiday events this season by giving back to your community – Impact 4 Good provides the turn-key services to provide the greatest ROE* for your event. (Return on Emotion).
Impact 4 Good could not do what we do without our engaged and generous client base! Thanks to our corporate clients, since the beginning of 2016 we have donated almost a quarter million food items to fight hunger across the United States!
More on #Giving Tuesday at: https://www.givingtuesday.org